TIRUVANMIYUR

      Last sunday (6th Jan 2013)  I was idling my time in the evening at home.  Suddenly I thought of going to Tiruvanmiyur Marundheeswarar Temple since it is a long time I visited it. It is a Chola temple more than 1000 yrs old.  I took my bike and went alone since my daughter was not interested in coming with me since she wanted to watch masterchef Tamil version.  This temple I like for the serenity and peacefullness associated with it.  You feel a sense of satisfaction when you are in the sanctum of the lord.  Of late Tiruvanmiyur has developed a lot than it was 20 yrs ago and the temple is getting quite a good number of devotees from the neighbourhood. I satisfied my hunger too by having puliyodarai prasadam.  I then went to my old friend Rajagopal house who stays in the nearby Anna Street.  In the good olden days he used to live in Kutcheryb Road, Mylapore.  He worked for a long time in Dubai and is now finally settled with his family. Had a cup of hot piping tea at his house.  He suggested that we go to nearby Pamban Swamigal Samadhi which is a stone throwaway from his house.  Pamban Swamigal lived duing the period 1848-1929 and was a great devotee of Lord Muruga.  His mortal remains have been kept in the samdhi which is near the seashore.  Had a satisfying visit and finally we visited the Arupadai Veedu temple in Besant Naga which is right on the seashore.  This temple was constructed in the Ist decade of this century with contributions from NRIs of USA.  This is a well maintained temple and you can have darshan of Arupadaiveedu at one place.  After having spent a satisfying evening I bid goodbye to my friend and returned home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ananda Vikatan 1945

Holiday list 1832

Hazarat Dastagir Sahib Dargah, Triplicane, Madras